December marked our third full month as expats living in Dublin, Ireland. The holiday season in Dublin was … magical. There was so much going on around town and just a really wonderful and warm feeling everywhere you went.
- We started the month returning from our trip to Germany after spending an extra day in Nuremberg.
- We braved a huge winter storm to drive out to a Christmas tree farm to pick out our tree.
- We decorated the house and hosted a wonderful ugly jumper holiday party. Alas, most people spent the evening downstairs in the kitchen. Oh, did I mention I made homemade egg nog for the occasion?
- We rushed home to Oakland when Alan’s dad had a stroke. We spent both Christmas and New Year’s at home, leaving on January 2.
- I continued working on my latest novel. (Unfortunately everything I wrote from the coffee shop across the street from our hotel had to be scrapped.)
I wish I had a happier update to post for this month because early on it was shaping up to be quite magical. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to a complete do over in 2016.